WHen do you get your first doc. app. and what do you do if you cant?

Right now im in a little fishing village that you have to fly in to. Least to say that there are no doc's here im about 2 months pregnant. When should I see a doc.? And is it a life or death thing if I can't make it? Thanks anyone for the advice.

miss_morgy

Asked by miss_morgy at 11:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• There are a lot of women who don't see a doc. It's called unassisted pregnancy and birth. There are many women who choose to do their own prenatal care. They do all the research. Yes, there are risks. But for a healthy pregnancy it's OK.

Do a google search on unassisted pregnancy and/or find some groups on it. There are many women who you can get info from who have done it before. Some of these groups even have midwives who are supporters of UC.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 11:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• From my experiences, they make you wait to see a doc until you are 8-12 weeks. I would try my best to see the doc when it was scheduled. Be sure to let them know about your situation. Maybe you can schedule a home-birth somehow so you don't have to worry about how to get to the hospital at the last minute?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• i would say that it's beast to do it at 8-12 weeks but with my pregnancy i didn't know i was pregnant until i was 4 months along because my birth control had a malfunction... anyways there are some tests that you'll want to do before you're too far along. Basically it's just a blood sample to test for birth defects. But when I was told that I was a month maybe 2 months along i was already 4 because of the birth control things and would have never known unless I saw a doctor. Once you see a doctor (if you choose to) get a good due date from an ultra sound and think about either home birth (painful due to no epidural and no way to get help if something goes wrong), stay with some one in the vity in the week prior to your due date, or pick a day to go to the city to be induced.
    MidniteMochaMom

Answer by MidniteMochaMom at 11:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Ask around the village to see if there is a midwife in the village. They know what the warning signs usually are. Your probably ok till you get a flight out, unless your experiencing symptoms
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I would ask other mothers from there what they have done in the past. I'm sure doctors in your region have something set up for isolated villagers.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I didn't see my doctor untill about 14weeks. But you can talk to poeple around you to answer question that you want to know also books, i have been reading alot and they have some good information if you can't get in.
    catie18

Answer by catie18 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• i didnt see a doctor until i was four months and everything was okay. but see if there is a midwife or someone you can see.
    greenegurls

Answer by greenegurls at 2:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I do my own prenatal care. No blood tests are needed to check for birth defects. I mean, if your baby has down syndrome would you terminate? I certainly hope not. And would you really want to know and have to worry about that? I also home birth, unassisted. Whoever said it is painful due to no epi, no, it's empowering. REal women don't NEED epidurals. Never be induced. People who have elective inductions in my opinion should be arrested for child neglect. Babies come when they are ready. If God doens't want them out yet, maybe they aren't quite ready.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2008