Super Dry Skin

My LO has really dry skin what should I use on it?

MKlein

Asked by MKlein at 6:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cocoa Butter helps with dry skin in everything!
    djimenezlove85

Answer by djimenezlove85 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My son gets very dry skin in the winter especially.  The pediatrician recommended Eucerin cream, that big tub of it, not the lotion which sinks in too quick and doesn't keep the skin protected.  I swear by it.  It's a bit pricey, but so worth it.  I tried EVERYTHING and that's what works best for us.  Aquafor is also good.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Depends on what the cause of the dryness is. Do you lotion her/him up every day? It's a REALLY good idea to use lotion every single day on little ones, but do be cautious of what you put on the skin. Are you sure it's not skin irritation from something? Might want to try an all natural lotion designed for babies. Could be sensitive to fragrances or something (I didn't use any fragrances on DD for the first year). Oatmeal is really good for the skin.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• How old is your baby? Are you sure it isn't the normal peeling that happens right after birth? That can take several weeks to stop. Otherwise, a gentle, unscented baby lotion should be safe to use.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my son gets dry skin i put a little baking soda in his water when i bath him and i use vaseline when he gets out it helps a lot
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 7:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i use either Eucerin or Aquaphore.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my son has dry and sensitive skin, I use Eucerin cream and aquaphor on extra dry areas
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• how often are you bathing your baby? are you using an unscented detergent/ fabric softner? research the ingredients of the products that you are using on your baby. i don't use any petrol based products, and i don't use anything with chiemicals. oatmeal batsh are really nice. i use shea butter for my kids...i get it from a health food store, so that is the only ingredient.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• maybe some baby oil just to make sure it isnt newborn rash
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 10:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Our pediatrician recommended Eucerin Cream also. It has worked wonders.
    mom2ecp

Answer by mom2ecp at 11:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2011