on dec 15 2010 i had a hcg test that said i was 6-8 wks pregnant. that would make me now about 20 weeks but the clinic said my due date is oct 28 th that is obviously not right but when am i due

brit101

Asked by brit101 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would say u r due in July!! Congrats!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Your doctor will tell you when you are due. But are you sure you didn't have an early miscarriage then get pregnant right after? Lots of women do that thinking it is their period.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• If you were 6-8 weeks pregnant in December, you'd be due in July. I don't see how there could be such a huge discrepancy in dates though... I'd definitely get another opinion somewhere.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• HCG tests are NOT a very accurate when it comes to predicting how far along you are. I woudl wait until you get an U/S to find out for sure.. you could have had a chemical pregnancy, early miscarriage and gotten pregnant again right away, because an Oct. 28th due date would mean you weren't pregnant at all mid. Dec.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• HCG isn't what they go by. They go by your earliest ultrasound. The count is just typical of 6 to 8 weeks.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i did not get a positive result until February in 2002 with my second child she was born Oct 28 but was late , ultrasound is better then HCG
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• When was your last day of your period? Take that last day add 9 months and 7 days. It gives you an approximate due. I had my son the day after what was said to be my due date.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I had a chemical pregnancy before my dd. I had a pos. Hpt in the beginning of November but didn't have my daughter until end of aug.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I would have a long talk with your health care professional, that is too big a difference to just leave to chance. There is something going on.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i would go with an u/sas well...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2011