Have you taken cake decorating classes? What kits do you think are best?

YAY! I'm taking Wilton Method cake decorating classes starting tonight and I'm totally excited! Was just wondering if anyone else here has taken them and what tool kit you got (or wish you got)

They say if you get the student kit, there is still a few things you need. But the Ultimate kit, while very tempting, seems a little like overkill. Like, will 4 different spatulas really be needed, or are they just getting you to spend more? Are multiple flower nails and forming cups necessary?
If I sprt for the Ultimate kit, I noticed there are still no icing colors in it. Aside from that, is there still much more I will need, or does it pretty much cover it?

earthmama727

Asked by earthmama727 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I wouldn't get the ultimate. I got the basics and then got what I needed when I needed it. I'd pick up a cake turntable and a carrier though. Good luck and have fun! I had a blast!
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 10:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Hey! Thanks! After going to the first class and realizing how many other things you need that don't come in any of the kits-- Like the turn table and the carrier and the proper pans, I''m proabbaly gonna at least wait on the big kit!
    earthmama727

Comment by earthmama727 (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have no clue, but I wanted to tell you congrats on finding something to do! This sounds like so much fun! I wanted to do this with my grandma, but she didnt seem too interested! So we dropped the idea! Id love to see some pics of the cakes you create!! Have fun!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2011