Have you taken Cake decorting classes? What kits do you think are best?

YAY! I'm taking Wilton Method cake decorating classes starting tonight and I'm totally excited! Was just wondering if anyone else here has taken them and what tool kit you got (or wish you got)

They say if you get the student kit, there is still a few things you need. But the Ultimate kit, while very tempting, seems a little like overkill. Like, will 4 different spatulas really be needed, or are they just getting you to spend more? Are multiple flower nails and forming cups necessary?
If I sprt for the Ultimate kit, I noticed there are still no icing colors in it. Aside from that, is there still much more I will need, or does it pretty much cover it?

earthmama727

Asked by earthmama727 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I would imagine if your going to continue to make/decorate cakes outside of this for anything on a bigger scale than just your own cakes it would be cool to have all the bells and whistles. That's coming from someone that's addicted to everything that has to do with food lol :)
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 7:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It's been years since I took classes and I can't recall exactly but I do know that the classes I took all had a recommended list and a required supplies list. I do know some of the classes I took didn't require the purchase of a boxed kit and some did. Do you have a list of requirements? OR will you find that out at your first class?

Good luck!! :) I loved it when I was able to do it!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 7:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I haven't taken a class, I don't make that many cakes, but I love having all the doodads & tools - and I want more! So I would go for the big kit, less to buy later, lol!
    Anonymous