Is it just me, or are more and more women focusing too much on their due date?

I always see mom's arguing over a week or two. Wanting to know why they aren't dialating and they are only 36 weeks, etc. A due date is an estimate, not gospel.
A lot of midwives issue a due month, not a particular day, because babies come when they are ready.
We don't want to take wet towels out of the dryer before they are dry even if they do take a little longer to dry than we thought! LOL

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• This modern Drive-thru, me-me culture ?

I usually say expect to go to 42 weeks, know that it might even be longer.
    IF you birth sooner then~ SURPRISE!! Baby came early!

:-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Ehhh....women are just excited to meet their new little one's and "done" being pregnant. I think as long as they aren't risking their baby's safety or their own then it's not that big of a deal.

Nothing will work (sometimes even medical inductions) if your body isn't ready anyways.
    Anonymous

• could it be they are just excited and ready to meet the newest member of their family as soon as they can
    Anonymous

• I'm with ya here! Ya don't take a cake outa the oven before it's done baking! I get so tired of women asking "what can I do to start labor?". When your baby is ready, labor will commence. I had to wait out all mine. Which was just fine by me. Now, it seems women want "babies on demand". GEEZ!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 7:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• there is a difference between being done with pregnancy, wanting to meet your little one, etc, than asking & trying to figure out ways to have your baby early. 39 & 40 weeks i could understand. even though 36 is "full-term" you should still wait until you're closer to that 40 week mark. hell, i carried my middle daughter to 43 weeks, there were times i felt like laying on the floor and dying, and to make it worse she was 10 pounds. but my first was a 38 weeker and spent a week in the nicu because of her nasal passages being too small & underdeveloped.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I just they know that they will not go into labor just because it is the due date by the doctor.
    It reminds me of the ladies who ask about 1 day late on my period, Am I pregnant?

Answer by louise2 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• well that is understandable op and i hope things are going okay,but why steal other peoples thunder? that sounds harsh i know but really you know how it feels the anticipation the waiting. and i truely hope your lil ones okay
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• wow okay. didnt mean to get you all worked up. im just saying they are excited and i was two and a half weeks late with my son. and i was thesame way..holy crap when is this kid coming. i guess i chose the wrong words cuz i didnt think it was going to cause a ruckus
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• btw, my first had to come out due to my blood pressure, if anyone was wondering. it got high enough to where i almost had a stroke (170/110) and obviously that's life threatening for both of us. i sometimes look back though and wish i would've been given the option to be put on bedrest in the hospital instead, if i could have known of her fragile condition, i definitely would have waited.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I understand the first time mothers who have not had a baby before. but not the ladies who have had babies.

Answer by louise2 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2011