WTH?

I am watching a special on oxygen and it's about prosititution. Well did you know that if you are from another country and get cought prosituting you get social services, funds etc. But if a girl (teens even as young as 12) you are simply treated like a criminal. Like it is different, they all are being exploided so WTH is it different. Why is there no funds to help teens from here?
I had no idea, I would think they would either both be helped or both be treated like criminals.

I do know that it is one of the things that Bush is doing away with (the funds for the foriegn sex workers)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• We should work on drying up the demand for sex workers... Ok that is not even possible, and let's say that it is are you going to judge them to death and make them have moral values?  Pornography and prostitution is a huge problem, now legalize it and go after the sickos that exploit the profession like child molesters and rapists, I bet those tax dollars could be spent on a whole lot of police force....this country's failing moral values agreed, but how do you propose curbing the need are causing there to even be a need. Men worshiping themselves and their own desires at least make their desires pump legititmate mopney into the gov, turning to prostitutes and porn rather than a good, loving woman. I do believe 95% of these women are being exploited against their will.

SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• It also said that for every 1 underage foriegn sex worker there are 100 american
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Isn't that crazy? I mean you would think that in the USA things like sex slavery and such wouldn't exist but it does. We still have such a long way to go as a nation and as a world.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 1:42 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• is not just if you are from another country but rather if you were brought here under false pretense and are now being force to prostitute. have u ever heard of human traficking?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Yes, I knew about it, I am just shocked over the fact that they get help but our Children do not. They are treated only as victims and americans are not. Even though 12 and 14 year olds dont just Decide to be a sex worker, they are victims
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• We should work on drying up the demand for sex workers... this country's failing moral values are causing there to even be a need. Men worshiping themselves and their own desires, turning to prostitutes and porn rather than a good, loving woman. I do believe 95% of these women are being exploited against their will. They may have started down the path, but they never imagined where it would take them. I think any federal funding given to them should be in the form of helping them get out of the lifestyle... something kinda like a shelter they can go to, to get away from pimps and start over.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:01 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• "I am watching a special on oxygen..." OK, that would be the first problem. I'm kidding! It's better than Lifetime.
    Seriously, it's probably because these girls are brought to this country to be used as sex slaves and they speak no English, can't even ask someone for help, and are often kept doped up on heroine so they don't have much will to escape. That's really sad.
    Not that it's not tragic what happens to young girls who are from the US. It IS awful that they aren't getting help from social services, but these girls at least have the benefit of some knowledge of the culture and knowing how to call 911.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 2:07 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Brandy, are you familiar with the term, "the world's oldest profession"? Sex workers have always been around and they always will. You can take all the young naive prostitutes off the streets and you'll just be creating a huge demand which will attract women who want to cash in on that high demand. Outlaw it, convert everyone over to your faith, people will still be using sex as currency.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 2:15 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Here in NV, at least in Nye County, prostitution is legal. I know that's not the point of the beginning of the question, but it was brought up by Brandy.

Because it is legal, it is also regulated and taxed. Also, the women are checked out regularly by doctors. It is a very lucrative career for many women, and a great source of income for the city of Pahrump.

I am of the belief that if you are a grown woman and choose that as a profession, at the very least you should be able to do it legally and with security and regulation.

As for the OP, well that is just disgusting and irritating. You would think there would be more help for these lost girls!
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 7:22 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• AnnieMcD Because it is legal, it is also regulated and taxed. Also, the women are checked out regularly by doctors. It is a very lucrative career for many women, and a great source of income for the city of Pahrump.

***************************
    I'm all for that. tax it and get revenue. medical checks up less std's
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 1:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2008