2 kids in a room wont sleep.. help!

i just moved my 2 yr old into a room with my 4 yr old.... they keep gettingup to turn on the lights and play....ive been in there 5 times already... should i let them play until they just go to sleep or do i keep going in there... im completely at a loss... 6 months pregnant and exhausted from going up and down... any help! !

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• id unscrew the lightbulb. at least then you wouldnt have to keep going up to turn the light out. but like hibbingmom said its new and its going to take a few days to adjust.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My neice lets her kids have a few books in their beds with them but they can not get up. They are a little older though. Sorry it really isn't much help.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• That will never change, My boys 7 and 12 share a room and they play and talk every night til they fall asleep. I've tried telling them to go to sleep as well as told them that they are going to bed earlier. They didn't care, but the way I look at it Me and my sis did most of our bonding and talking at bed time couse we were both so busy with school and homework then our own friends to even catch up, but at bed time we talked about everything and thats what made us closer..
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• you need to give it a few days...... right now it's new, fun, silly, exciting and like a sleepover. It's a novelty, they don't grasp its permanent yet. Let them get their sillies out. Hopefully they don't need to be up early for anything. I'd unscrew the light bulb, though, so they stop doing that. After an adjustment period you can put the smack down with expectations and rules
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my kids are 3 and 2. they share a room. at night what we do it put ds in their room and dd is in our room. once they are both sleeping we put them both in their room.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 8:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i have my 3yr old and 2yr old in the same room but what i do is put my youngest to sleep a little earlier than the eldest and let him go to sleep. after he is asleep i put the eldest to sleep and explain to him that he is not to talk to touch or even think about deal with his brother. It took a couple of days but they have been doing really well lately. I hope this helps.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 8:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011