Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Could i have accidently poisoned my daughter?

Ok so dd has been sick all afternoon...earlier today I cleaned the bathtub with CLR cleaner. I rinsed the tub out twice with HOT HOT water and then gave dd a bath a hour or so later...now she is pale has a headache and is really tired...She slept in until 10:30 this morning (normally she wakes up between 7-8) SO am I just being paranoid in thinking that I could have not rinsed the tub out well enough and she probably just has a bug since she did sleep in way longer than normal this morning? I know I am probably being crazy...it’s just dd is 4 and has NEVER been sick so I am FREAKING out....what do you all think?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (19)
  • most likely it's not from the clr, but it can be cause for concern, why we as a people choose to blindly clean our homes with toxic chemicals is beyond me. You can clean your entire house with water, white viengar and baking soda. And the vinegar is a natural disinfectant and anti-bacterial.
    Mom2Jack04

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • It sounds to me like she has a virus and you are being a little paranoid. Just take good care of her and she will feel better in no time I'm sure. :)
    Kword

    Answer by Kword at 7:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • no you didnt poison your daughter. im sure she just caught something thats probably been going around good luck
    jodi205

    Answer by jodi205 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • it sounds to me like she is sick...my kids are sick right now too (ok, me and hubby are also!), i think it's going around. if it was because of the cleaner i would think it would be a skin rash.
    princessbeth79

    Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • to ease your mind, call the poison control center
    ElenaC419

    Answer by ElenaC419 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • most likely it's not from the clr, but it can be cause for concern, why we as a people choose to blindly clean our homes with toxic chemicals is beyond me. You can clean your entire house with water, white viengar and baking soda. And the vinegar is a natural disinfectant and anti-bacterial.


     yeah you are totally right and i didn't even think about it until just now when i read your answer...I really think i need to change my cleaning supplies to non-toxic supplies...I am so freaking out right now!!!

    Anonymous

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • If it's even an inkling in your mind, I would call poison control and ask. Better safe than sorry!
    Musicmom80

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • I'm a little confused, here. 1st off, if you think you may have poisoned your DD, CM isn't the "call" you should be making. 2nd, you said you cleaned the tub earlier today and gave her a bath. Then she slept in till 10:30 but usually gets up 7-8. Are you cleaning the tub and bathing her in the middle of the night? I honestly don't think you poisoned her. Especially if you rinsed it out really good and waited an hour or so. Just keep an eye on her. She probably has a bug.
    specialwingz

    Answer by specialwingz at 7:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • Sorry i am freaking out a little i will clarify....My daughter usually sleeps until about 7-8am today she slept in until 10:30. I cleaned the tub around 9am I bathed her around 11:30. The reason i have not called poison control is because I don't have a land line phone and my cell phone broke about 3 days ago and i am still waiting for the replacement to come in the mail. I tried my neighbors to see if they would let me use the phone but, no one was home.

    Anonymous

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • I would expect a skin reaction from a bath where there might have been cleaner, not the symptoms she is having. I am thinking it is a virus.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

    Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN