AFTER TWO MISSCARRIAGES AND NO PROBLEMS WITH THIS PREGNANCY I FEEL LIKE IM LIVING A DREAM, I HAVE HAD MY BABY SHOWER AND EVERYTHING IS SET FOR HIS ARRIVAL BUT FOR SOME REASON I FEEL LIKE IM LIVING A DREAM, LIKE SOME ONE IS GOING TO PINCH ME AND I WILL WAKE UP......I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THIS FEELING IS NORMAL????

2 PAST MISSCARRIAGES

redmisses

Asked by redmisses at 7:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Even if it is a dream, just enjoy it. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• yes... I still look at my son and can't believe I have an almost 2 year old. Congrats!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• well first of, congrats, and secondly it's completely normal to feel that way. when you've been through really bad experiences with something and finally that something works out it always feels 'too good to be true'. but i'm very happy for you and wish you and baby all the best!

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• very normal. you'll likely feel that for awhile after the baby is born, esp. in the hospital. like is this really mine? are they really sending us home? .... once the hormones are regulated in your body and you get a routine and daily rhythm going you'll be in even MORE joy and baby ga ga happiness :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• You know what i dont even know. I feel the same way sometimes, after having a misscarriage then getting pregnantt again, i always have the feeling that something is going to go wrong
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• @ BUTTERFLY463...........I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL ITS VERY HARD TO DEAL WITH AT TIMES, IM SO EXCITED ABOUT MY LIL MAN COMING BUT SOMETIMES MY MIND JUST GOES PLACES IT SHOULDNT YOU WONDER IF THE BABY IS OK IF ANYTHING IS GOING TO BE WRONG AND A MILLION OTHER THINGS TOO, ITS CRAZY.......I FIND MYSELF JUST PRAYING ABOUT THE SITUATION AND TALKING TO MY MOM HELPS A WHOLE LOT I DO HAVE A GOOD SUPPORT SYSTEM SO THAT REALLLY HELPS ALOT , I KNOW IN MY HEART THAT EVERYTHING IS OK I GUESS ITS JUST THAT FEAR THAT HAS TO SHOW UP SOMETIMES....I JUST TRY TO LOOK AT IT AS THE THIRD TIME BEING A CHARM.........I WISH U LUCK
    redmisses

Comment by redmisses (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Totally normal to feel that way. I'm glad you have a great support system!!!

Does it help to know that we have 2 family members who have experienced miscarriages and now have healthy babies? My SIL's sister had 1 miscarriage, but now has 2 beautiful and stong little boys. And DH's cousin has had 3 miscarriages (!!!!) and almost gave up, but they just had a perfect little girl.

Good things do sometimes happen after something bad. Congrats on the little one!!!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 8:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Congats on the pregnancy!!! I've never miscarried, but I felt that way with all of mine(I'm pg with #3) I think it's normal for ANY woman to feel like that. I still look at my 4 yr old, and 1 yr old daughters and think "It's to perfect, something is going to happen." Just relax and enjoy your pregnancy!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Congratulations and yes it is completely normal to feel that way. Enjoy every minute of it and just take a deep breath. I still feel like that when I look at my little girl who is almost two and I'm 6 months pregnant with number two. Sometimes I feel like it isn't really going to happen because it's all so surreal.... then I just have to stop thinking so much about it and enjoy every minute I have with my beautiful family. Again, congrats and all the best to you!
    hollysybb

Answer by hollysybb at 10:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• congrats...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2011