4mo do i give baby food yet?

i think i started giving my dd like rice ceral at 4mo, but im not sure or do i stick to just breastmilk?

carimo

Asked by carimo at 1:34 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can keep her on cereal if its not harming her. and she aint choking. if shes having a rought time swallowing it then milkor water it down a bit
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 1:37 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• For a breastfed baby, wait till six months.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:38 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Depends on your baby! The experts say that you should breastfeed exclusively until you baby is 6 months old, because a baby's digestive system isn't mature enough to handle real food yet. My LO started showing interest in food at 4 months. He would eat a little baby food, but mostly still breastfed.
    If your baby isn't showing any interest in real food, stick with breatfeeding until she does.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Don't ask people on here for advice with thios kinda stuff, you'll get a million different opinions and none of us really know what is best for your baby. Discuss with your doctor what your baby is ready for. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:53 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I agree 6months that when I started my son
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:01 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• AAP recommends no sooner then 6 mos.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:04 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• You should ask your doctor. Mine recommends waiting until 6 months regardless of whether your baby is breastfed or formula fed.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 9:35 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My son was breastfed but at about three and half months i would add a little rice cereal in his bottle (with breastmilk of course) once a day. He didn't seem to be getting quite enough and with the cereal he got his belly full and would then sleep all night. I would't start spoon feeding your baby cereal yet or giving other kinds of food but i really don't think that a little cereal in milk will hurt but talk to your dr first. all babies or different but that worked for us and he did fine!
    klbnkndsmm

Answer by klbnkndsmm at 1:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• KatieCrandle up there has it right, everyone on here gets uptight with this answer. LOL my son is 15 weeks old and in the 4 days he has been eating about 42 to 45 onces of formula a day, so you are darn right we started to introduce cereal to him. It's in his bottle, just a spoonfull, a few times a day and we have spoon fed him....the formula on a spoon cause it's not like we are feeding them thick oatmeal all of the sudden once a day in the last few days to get him used to that reflex of using his tongue. So next week when he is 4 months we wil see how his progress is. I don't feel all babies are going to be text book babies and not eat "baby food" until they are exactly 6 months, they are all special in their own developmental needs and milestones.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2008