Does this mean its not working?

About a 2 months ago I switched my toddler to a bed. He kept gettin gout of bed we kept putting him back. It went from 70 some times! of him getting out of bed to 3 times...now he's back to doing it A LOT...should I do something different. Can you give me some input? Thanks.

let me add that he always gets out of bed.  This happens every night for like 2 mons now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What's "not to work" about putting a child in his own bed? He has to do it sometime. If you continue to be consistent, it will eventually work. Sometimes, however, they have good days and bad days just like any of the rest of us. Hang in there... he'll eventually do it all on his own.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• it will work....he's trying to wear you down lol. you just have to keep at it. don't get upset, just make like a robot and keep putting him back to bed. he will get over it and give up if you keep on putting him back in. it will be much quicker and easier if you simply tell him 'it's bedtime' the first time and then put him back, then put him back the subsequent times without saying anything. show no emotion, do it and then leave. that really works great

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Its a toddler thing...I think he will continue to do it for awhile.
    Alcavin08

Answer by Alcavin08 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 8, 2011