Is it safe to have sex if you are 2cm dialated?

Ashley162

Asked by Ashley162 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• we always did! they say unless your water has broken or unless it causes extreme discomfort for you, that its ok...i always dialated to a 4 and had to have my labor induced, water broke. we always fooled around the night before the drs visit, because we knew it would be awhile before that would happen again! lol i know, tmi
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 1:37 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Yep, and there is a chemical in their sperm that can help you go further along. It helps soften the cervix. My doc told me to have as much as possible lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Yes. Sex is always ok unless your doctor tells you otherwise. Enjoy!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:49 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I don't know for sure, when I was walking around dilated at 3 - 4 cm for a week my dr said NO! It can cause an infection. Best to ask your dr!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:01 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• i was 2 cm from 7 months on i had to take meds. to stop labor but the doctor said it was fine as long as i was comfortable with it and i didnt feel any pain............
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 3:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2008