Is there any safe way to make yourself go into labor?

Ashley162

Asked by Ashley162 at 2:08 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• people say to walk and well that hasnt helped me any my cervix wont even dialate.other people try sex but its hard to have sex when it hurts for you to even get up to walk to the bathroom because of pelvic pressure and your 17 and livng with your mom and her boyfriend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• A lot of it depends on how far along you are. If baby isn't ready, then not too much will work.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 2:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• there are lots os natural things you can try. They may not work but many people swear by them. There is castor oil (orally), evening primrose oil (vaginally) and red raspberry leaf (this is to prepare the uterus). Check out this group. They have TONS of information

http://www.cafemom.com/group/NaturalPregnancyandBirth

Good luck!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:38 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• There are several things you can try, but none are definite.

Walking, bouncing on a yoga ball, sex: can make you tired or sore so you feel even worse if you go into labor (what happened to me!).

Spicy foods, or any other suggested things to ingest: indigestion and diarrhea!

Hmmm...can't remember the others. Honestly, your best bet is just to let baby come when s/he is ready. That's probably what will happen anyway, and you won't have any of the side effects of the other stuff!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:01 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• i used rasberry tea and more nature stuff got to your local gnc or nature food store ask the clerk they will help you find everything i'm sure they get that quiet a bit...
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 3:27 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I just had my 3rd baby last June. Having sex helped induced my labor. I was full term already and only had one week left. Maybe because she was the 3rd child. I heard the 3rd child comes out faster. The semen helps thin out the cervix and promotes contractions. I swear by it!!
    mommaforobama

Answer by mommaforobama at 4:30 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I was also told a lot of sex and walking. Nothing has helped me and i'm 41 weeks. My cervix is effaced 30% and still not even dilated.
    Anonymous

• i was told breast stimulation works but i havent tried it im on 32 weeks
    janelle88

Answer by janelle88 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 24, 2009