Would I Be Wrong If...

(Don't Judge Me)... I have had the sudden urge to get a tattoo since I miscarried our baby last week.

Maybe I am being hormonal...I dunno, but I really want one that says Mommy's Angel 02/28/11 near my shoulder blade because I feel it would be a way for me to deal with what happened...in a wierd way. My hubby and I are Christians and I am conflicted...BUT I am so stubborn right now in dealing with things how I want to deal with them that I am a little rebellious...Pray for me ya'll. (Your thoughts)

MrsJStearns

Asked by MrsJStearns at 8:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I would wait honestly. I'm not saying don't. But just wait a little while. If you put that on your body it's a conversation piece. Just be willing to talk about it when people ask. Don't take it the wrong way. Just food for thought. Nothing more.

I'm so sorry! That must have been really hard. I hope you heal fast, and get pregnant soon! Hug!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I dont think thats an odd way to cope with your grief. I also dont think that being Christian has anything to do with it one way or the other. It might be therapeutic for you and you would always have the tattoo to look at when you think of your little one.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I say if you want to do it, go for it, but only after you have given yourself a timeline ,,,like a month or so, to be really sure you want it, I am so sorry for your loss!m (And tattoo or not, you will always remeber your angel)
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Give it some time. Rushing into any tattoo is never a good thing. You have to remember that the ink is permanently IN your body. Getting something that may one day remind you of you miscarriage or something you regret might not be such a good idea. Just relax and give it some time.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I would tell you the same thing I tell everyone... give it some good thought and if you still want to to do it after that, by all means go for it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I wouldnt say wrong, but wait a while to make sure.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with it. You'll never forget what you've lost, and that can be what gives you some closure. It's a nice way to memorialize. Do what you feel right doing. I am so sorry for your loss.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• There is nothing wrong with a tattoo. If it is something that will make you happy each time you see it than go ahead. I would be reminded and sad if it was me each time I would see it. If you feel the need to change something of yourself, get that cute haircut your not sure if you can pull off. Maybe you just need a place for your little angel, you could place a special stone in your garden or get a special piece of jewelry in memory of her.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 8:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i would say wait until you're settled down a little bit more, not because i think it's wrong (i'm also christian and i don't have any kind of conflicts about tattoos), but because you want to give it alot of thought for the image, etc. i'm so sorry for you loss though....but i think that's a wonderful idea
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I am so sorry this has happend to you, i cant imagine. Tattoos are permant and while yes you can get the removed the procedure is incredibly painful from what i hear. So i would have to say that you should make sure it is something you want, and if you do than go for it. If you feel this will help you cope and you will not regret it then, in my opinion, theres nothing wrong with it.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 8:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2011