If you make good old Campbell's Tomato Soup, do you "doctor it up" or just add water (per the label)?

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 8:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I love tomato soup but I don't use water...I take the can of the soup itself, put it in a pan and use milk or....if you don't want to use milk use a little bit of water and put a couple cubes of velveeta cheese in there and let it melt...it makes it creamier!!!
    thutch21

Answer by thutch21 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My husband Dr's it to death. I just want fresh ground pepper in mine. He puts tabasco or Habenero sauce in his. My sisters boys like to add cheese and tortilla strips and even sour cream to theirs.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• We "doctor it up" we use milk instead of water, put some pepper in there and every once in awhile Crystal Louisiana Hot Sauce....with a grilled cheese sandwich, best lunch in the world lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't like it but dd does and i just add sour cream when I serve it to her.
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 8:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I use milk to make it. I have added cheese, tortilla strips, goldfish crackers.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I put Mrs. Dash in mine
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I use some milk in place of the water. No other doctoring needed, unless you count a grilled cheese on the side!
    Anonymous

• I add milk instead of water.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• like the other moms I add milk instead of water. Sometime I'll add a TON of shredded cheese, maybe some goldfish/ritz/saltine crackers. It is great with grilled cheese sandwiches too.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Just water. Nothing yummier than a grilled tuna sandwich with tomato soup! Now I want to eat that :D Now I know what we will have for lunch tomorrow.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2011