My baby has been drinking his formula all day but has not had a bowel movement today?

I am a little scared to give him anymore milk right now because he hasn't boo booed. Hewont let me put him down and he's wanting more milk. Help Please!

Winfrey30

Asked by Winfrey30 at 2:17 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hes fine. it is proven health study that takin alot or even one poop a day DOES NOT make you healthy. if hes like this for another day or two tehn i would look into it.
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 2:24 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• If you are able to pump or have him latch on breast milk will help, if not it's normal and he should have a bowel movement in a day or two.
    GHENNIVA

Answer by GHENNIVA at 2:34 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• yeah if he is showing signs of constipation, then I would do something but he may just not have to go right now. I would keep feeding him what he wants, too. Maybe he is having a growth spurt and needs more nutrients which could also account for lack of BM. He may be using all he's eating. How old is he? You may want to feed him cereal or even add a little to his bottle. this is not always recommended by people but I always did it and DD loved it! It would fill her up and she was happy. (just be sure to slice the nipple open a bit more to accomodate the thicker formula). GL!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:34 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Babies often reach a point where they absorb everything they're eating, though this is more often a breastfeeding perk (my guy poops every other day at most!). However, if your little one is acting constipated, I'd be concerned. Don't deprive him of food he wants because of this, though, he'll only be more miserable!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:06 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• give him some juice instead of formula.if that doesnt work add a 1/2 teaspoon of karo syrup to his milk trust me that works.and if it doesnt you can go to wal-mart or a pharmacy and get some supositorys but remeber they are not going to use the bathroom everyday it is okay if they go 1to2 days.
    momof4150

Answer by momof4150 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Most babies don't have a BM every day. It can take a couple of days just wait it out and keep feeding him what he wants!
    prettyNpink0769

Answer by prettyNpink0769 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• babies do not have BM every day. sometimes a breastfed baby does not poo for 5 days-it is normal -they do not have as much waste as an adult. Dont worry feed your baby if your baby is hungry. Never deny a baby food when they are hungry.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2008