What do you think.....husbands idea......

My husband and I were talking about taking our son to New Orleans for about a week for his 3rd birthday..........we want to take him to the zoo, aquaruim, imax,etc and vist some of my side of the family whos never meet our son..........

We would have a small get together with a cake and everything for him at home before or after we go...........

Do you think this would be a good idea?

myboysRmyhero

Asked by myboysRmyhero at 8:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• i think it sounds great
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Well...My son will be three in June and we just took him for an overnight stay at an Indoor Water park. He had a BLAST but was SO ready to come home by the end of the next day that it was ALL he would talk about.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• He'd probably like the fun floats at Mardi Gras World as well - and you can take the ferry thing to get there. Totally cool.
    Anonymous

• I think it sounds like a great idea too.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Ok i feel goofy since im from shreveport and have tons of family in around new orleans but whats Mardi Gras World ive never heard of it?
    But sounds fun
    myboysRmyhero

Comment by myboysRmyhero (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Parents take their children (of all ages) to New Orleans. We had fun. Just be sure to take some good walking shoes and a stroller.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 8:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Sounds like fun to me (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 9:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I think you should. I actually live in New Orleans and right now we are in Mardi gras season i wish you could have bought him soon so he could see all the colorful floats and catch some beads. I also think that he would enjoy the aquriam, imax and the zoo as well. my kids sure do.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• We did Mardi gras up here and he loved it!
    myboysRmyhero

Comment by myboysRmyhero (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2011