Open Marriage.......

Me personally, I don't see how this can work...this is just me....I would get so freaking jealous, I would worry that the relationships he's developing (sp?) would turn into something more and that he would leave me or something....I guess it's for people far more mature than I lol.....what do you think of open marriages? What about polygamy and polyamory?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't share and a marriage is suppose to be for two and two only that is one of the reasons to marry. IF there is someone who doesn't fullfill your need for the rest of your life (which is what marriage is suppose to be) then you don't need to be married to begin with, stay single and play the field. A LOT of people take marriage so light hearted these days and to me it is sickning.
    So no I don't share and I wouldn't do it, and it is more than just a contract between people and a tax write off.
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Personally, if it were up to me we would have an open marriage. But my husband disagrees. I don't believe that there are any two people out there which can completely fulfill one another, which is why so many turn to adultery. Open marriages require a strong love, trust and openness among the base couple. To me, if a couple doesn't have that to begin with, you shouldn't be in the relationship.

As for plural marriage, I'm all for it. I would LOVE a second wife around here to help me. But I've never understood how that's something any man (or woman) would benefit from having multiple partners. I mean, I definitely wouldn't want a second husband to clean up after! And I don't know why any man would want more than one wife to nag him! lol!

To me, either lifestyle is and can be attractive IF you have the right relationship to hold it. And as far as I see there is no reason for either to be legally limited!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My Husband and I would never do it - We don't want anyone else but each other, which is one of the many reasons We got Married. Plus We don't want to share the other..We couldn't do that. Makes Us sick just thinking about the other with someone else. Anyway. If people want to be with other people, why bother getting married? I just don't get it. I mean, do what you want..I just don't see the point.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Not me. I posted the same question a week ago as this causes alot of heartache in the end when the fun is over with people....I feel if ya want to do that then why get married? just be single or with someone & go nuts but thats just my opinion.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I'm with the other ladies. There's no way I'm sharing my man.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My husband and I have talked about this bc of that show on TLC.. neither one of us can understand sharing one another! I mean I married my husband bc he is the man for me. We are what one another were looking for. Why get married if your going to be doing the same thing just like you were single. I cant understand how ppl take marriage so lightly. A marriage is a union of love and trust and so much more. I just dont get it.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I believe in monogomy.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Heck no! I'm sorry, but I should be the only pson my dh needs, if he wants someone else, be my guest and walk, I'm not sharing!!!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I could not do it, nor could I be in a relationship with someone who is married. Polygamy is gross to me, and sad at the same time. I am not sure what the last term is.
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Not for me. If it comes down to that, what is the purpose of a marriage? To me, a marriage is to bring TWO people together to form a family. Marriage is still to me, a commitment.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2011