Feels like the worst mom out there

Well I put tucker in his swing while I was picking up the living room, well I made sure he was buckled in and than went on the other side of the room and turned my back for a quick second the next thing I knew he was laying on the ground crying! I called the nurse online and she said baby's are pretty resilient abd she asked tons of questions and she told me just to keep an eye on him for a couple of nights and if anything is out of the ordinary to call the physian! I live on low income housing so our carpet isn't the softest please tell me that I'm not the only one this has happend to. If something was seriously wrong would he have stopped crying... I'm beating myself up for this happening!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• girl, don't beat yourself up. my kids have done all kind of things like that. one day i took one of my children to the doctor for a similar accident. he told me this is only the beginning and that breaking limbs is just around the corner. this is just apart of parenting, no one is perfefct. keep doing the best you can do. good luck.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Everyone makes mistakes as parents and sometimes things happen that we can't control. I feel horrible when my son gets hurt also but it's going to happen. You are definately NOT the worst mom out there lol!!! Don't beat yourself up over it, the fact that you feel bad that your child fell shows you are a good mom.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• aww, well the nurse is right lol. all of my kids have fallen either off of the couch or bed when they were babies and lived to tell the tale lol. sometimes things just happen and i was sitting right beside them and still can't tell you how they managed to roll off. it's ok....he'll be fine
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• We've all been there one way or another, mama. Don't beat yourself up! None of us are perfect. We can't protect our kiddos from everything. That's why they're made of rubber- I swear that's the only way they survive some of this stuff! LOL

hugs

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I've done that too, my ds figured out how to get himself out of his swing at an early age, it happens, he'll be alright.
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 9:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• No ma'am, you are not the only one. Back in December, my son pulled my coffee off the counter and it spilled on his left arm and foot. I thought I had it high enough and I just turned my back for a minute, next thing I know he is crying at the top of his lungs. I felt horrible. We took him to the ER, just because it freaked me out so bad. It wasn't near as bad as I thought it was. Thank God. DH had to comfort me too.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• HUGS - You're not a bad mom! He'll be ok
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 9:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• One of the hardest things about being a mom is when your LO gets hurt and you think you could have stopped it. Most of the time, you did all you could do to make sure that the LO is safe, but our LO's have a way of figuring things out and getting hurt anyway.
    My almost 2 year old is my 4th boy. I can not tell you how many times I've been to the ER with these guys. I don't claim to understand how they get all of the bumps and bruises they get, but they do.
    You are NOT bad mom. The fact that you care about what happened and feel bad about it proves that. Just don't beat yourself up over it. Trust me, kids do the darnest things and sometimes wind up hurting themselves over it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My husband says babies are made of rubber when they are little. I'm not sure that he's entirely right, but they are pretty resilient. Don't worry, your little one is going to be okay, and you are not a bad mom at all. (c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Trust me, it hurt you worse than your baby as he's already forgotten that it's even happened!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2011