What do you think of the new PETA commercial?

There is a new PETA commercial out that is comparing people who buy purebred dogs to the KKK.....I get their point but maybe they took it a little too far...what do you think?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pets

• Typical ....PETA often goes to fear and shock tactics in attempts to herd more people towards their cause.

Make no mistake about it, if PETA had its way, it would be illegal for a person to own any type of pet... period. This ad campaign is just a first step to that end...start by culling the pit bulls and the purebreds. (PETA is a huge supporter for BSL.) So don't be fooled, if this campaign works (which it won't)...and purebreds are wiped off the face of the planet...that is just the first stop. Phase two... they will find fault with adopting shelter pets/ mixed breeds and use an ad just as disgusting to get their point across. PETA really has no class. Disgusting organization. Blah.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 9:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i think that peta always takes it too far and gives animal rights activists a bad name.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• PETA takes most things too far. That's the problem with extreme views and actions. They tend to alienate more people than influence.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 9:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• That's rediculous. I can't believe they think people would be receptive to something so assenine. That's funny actually, because I know there are a ton of celebrities that support PETA and have those purebreds and designer dogs...wonder how that's gonna sit.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Um yea that is taking it wayyyyy to far. The KKK tormented and killed many black americans, as well as other races/religions. Wanting only a pure breed dog and tormenting/killing people is 2 TOTALLY different things. Its not like you are brutally killing the dogs you dont choose. BTW anyone who is wanting a dog/any other pet, it is nice to help and save a dog from an animal shelter. You get a new pet, and you save a dog from possibly being euthanized :)
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 9:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I did not see the commercial, but I don't know many people that take PETA seriously because of stuff like this. It's sad because there is important information people should know about buying purebreeds, but the shock and awe factor is not the way to go about it.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• That's the problem with PETA; they always take things too far. They are a little extreme, IMO.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• They would be more helpful if they donated the money they used for the commerical to help animals.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Extremes in any direction is not good. Balance is the name of the game.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 9:33 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yeah, the fact that I purchased a Golden Retriever with MY hard earned money, in AMERICA...a free country makes me comprable to a person who commits hate crimes against other human beings based on the color of their skin...oh yeah, I can sooo connect those dots. For cripe sake, get over it people. I also have a pound puppy and love him to death, but I have every right to do what I want with my money. They are only hurting themselves, because people like me who would support them will now think twice because of propaganda like this crap! UGH!!!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2011