She doesnt move as much as i like her to

she hasnt been really kicking me alot and im almost 29 weeks but i can feel her moving around sometimes when i lay down

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Its normal if she goes to more to your back than in front its not really likely that your are going to feel anything until you seat and relax or until you lay down
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my first two babies (both boys) hardly moved at all. the third one moved non stop (a girl). they were all fine. don't worry about it! every baby is different, their personality, their position, etc. don't stress about it
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I dont feel mine as much as I would like also but im only 22wks lol
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I felt mine but she wasn't nearly as active as some other mothers were experiencing with their little ones. She was just fine. :) I think you're supposed to feel some movement every hour or so (not sure of the details) but it sounds like the position is making it difficult to feel along with having a less active baby.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My doc says you should be able to get 10 kicks/movements in an hour during the baby's most active times (like my baby is very active in the AM and in the evening). I'm 29 weeks too. = ) If the whole day goes and you can't get 10 movements in an hour, then I'd call the doc, but it is very normal for baby's movements to slow down a bit as you get further along and baby starts losing space.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Most of the time I am too busy to notice her move. I am 27 weeks.. but I do feel her through out the day. My doc says 10 times an hour is normal any less and that is when you start to wonder. Lay down on your left side after drinking a glass of water and then count the movements. Also baths help, and eating a small snack helps get the baby active.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 10:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Just be sure to do your "kick counts." As long as she moves at least 4 times in a 45 minute period in one day, you should be fine. I know this drives me crazy too... especially if one day she moves more than the next. If you don't get 4 movements in 45 minutes, call your Dr. Or you could have a snack of fruit or something with a bit of sugar and lay down... that will probably get her moving.
    hollysybb

Answer by hollysybb at 10:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My daughter was the same way. She hardly moved much either. I have a friend who is about 30 weeks pregnant and her son didn't move much either and she went to see a doctor and they told her that she wasn't drinking enough water..
    acruz86

Answer by acruz86 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Its getting tight in there I wouldn't worry unless ya don't feel any movement at night time.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• you may just have a lazy baby... drink water or juice, eat something with sugar and lay down... if she's not moving then call your OB...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2011