My asthma is acting up.

My asthma is acting up and I do not have an inhaler until tomorrow. I am 12 weeks pregnant. What can I do to help it?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Health

• Try deep breathing. I know, I know. But I have asthma and my doctor suggested this and it works. Keep calm. Try running a vaporizer, especially when you are sleeping.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• strong black coffee, yeah the caffeine isn't great for the baby but oxygen is.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I was told when I couldn't get to my inhaler, put your hands above your head (Helps elongate your lung space) and take deep slow breaths.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• there was a study in austrailia that had people practice yoga breathing regularly, and after some time, most people didn't need their inhalers anymore! i know someone else that quit eating meat, and never used her inhaler again...and one more person that quit using harsh household cleaners ( switched to vinegar and baking soda) and never used his inhaler agian!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• go in the bathroom shut the door and turn your shower on as hot as it will and sit on the toilet for about 10-15 minutes

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2011