At what age do you start giving your child chewable vidamins?

cynroc

Asked by cynroc at 9:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• at 2yo....before that i did the liquid
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Read the label carefully. Any that I've seen are for ages 4 and up. My daughter is 2 (soon to be 3) and she gets a liquid vitamin.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• if the dr is suggesting it, then whatever age they say. otherwise.... it's just an expense and putting sugar and dyes into their diet. Find more whole foods they'll eat. No pill can ever replace an apple and a piece of fish.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Flintstones gives dosages for 2 and 3 yr olds, which is 1/2 tablet every day. we do this for our 3 yr old.
    natersmom76

Answer by natersmom76 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My child is is a very picky eater he is 2 years old. He will only eat certin foods.I told the doc that is picky with his food but his weight and everything is good.
    cynroc

Comment by cynroc (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My doctor gave me a prescription for chewable vitamins at age 2 I think
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 10:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• We do half a Flinstones Complete vitamin for our 2 year old as well (ok for 2+). My kids eat well, but I still give them the vitamin just in case. Read the labels though. The gummies taste better, but have almost no vitamins in them. Might as well be feeding them a gummy bear compared to other things on the market :)
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 10:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Thank you all for all your advice it was really helpful.
    cynroc

Comment by cynroc (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2011