I have been trying to conceive for over a year with my husband and I havent ever had a regular period and I am thinking about going back on birth control as that is when we conceived our first child!?? Any opinions??

BSBNagel

Asked by BSBNagel at 10:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• your period is like a window to your health. if your period is not regular, then maybe you should really focus on you right now. your diet, your exercise, your stress levels.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Im in the same boat!! we have been trying for a year as well....try ovulation test strips, and they dont have to be the expensive kind... also, I have recently began taking prenatal vitamins, over the counter.... I have also been charting my periods, this will help you try and find the best time to conceive... I havent done this yet, but they recommend going to your dr for a full check up and let them know that you are trying to conceive...
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• You might look into Clomid instead of birth control. Lack of periods is a sign of lack of ovulation.

GOOD LUCK! BABY DUST!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Lack of period does not necessarly mean no ovulation. I am 26 and have a beautiful daughter and am pregnant with my son now. However I have not had a period since I was 16 yrs old
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2011