How do i...

how do i get over my fear of giving birth? im a first time mom and i only got 2 months left b4 my baby gets here and im scared to death about the whole birth situation.

babi_gurl19

Asked by babi_gurl19 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• educate yourself on the whole birthing process. Your local hospital should have a class on how the birthing process works.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i read a beautiful book called birthing from within.
    good luck and congratulations!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Have you done a prenatal course? That answered a lot of questions for us. Of course, some nervousness is normal. The fear just can't be the dominant feeling. Next appointment, discuss your fears with your health care provider. They might have some good suggestions for you. :) Best of luck to you!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 10:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I was the same way with my first and it ended up going really well and wasn't half as bad as I was scared it was going to be. Now I'm about to have my second and I'm more terrified than the first because I don't think it could possibly be that easy the second time lol So I know how you feel. I try to tell myself that it's a natural thing in life and there are doctors there to help so I don't have to be alone and it won't last forever. I have had kidney infections that were more painful than birth with my first (but I had an epidural). We hear bad things from the media and we always hear the stories from mothers who had awful experiences so it scares us more. I hope things go well for you :)
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• :) i'v tried to educate myself. i'v had people tell me its not that bad, i'v read books about it i'v never heard of the book (birthing within) tho. but i will look for it if it helps me :) and yep i'v had a prenatel class and they some what told me how giving birth works but it didnt take much fear away :(
    babi_gurl19

Comment by babi_gurl19 (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• and to kayaiden8907 :). i heard that the second is alot easier then the first :) dnt know how true it is but everyone tells me that :) and im glad im not the only scared one but i hope both of our fears go away b4 the big day :) congrats and good luck :)
    babi_gurl19

Comment by babi_gurl19 (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I was the same way, but believe me, when the day comes, you wont be focused on anything but getting the baby out and safely. I swore that I was going all natural...I ended up getting the epidural...SAVED MY LIFE.
    NevaehsMum125

Answer by NevaehsMum125 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I was really nervous as well and it went fine. I just kept telling myself that no matter what I'm going through at that particular moment I will be seeing my little boy soon! =) I ended up needing a C-section for my 2nd which has pros and cons! Congratulations and Good Luck! You'll be fine!!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I was the same way...absolutely freaked just freaked of having something grow in me and how it would feel & be like. I used to watch the birthing channels where you would see the family, their story & then the birth type thing & that helped me. All I can say is when it happens you won't have time to think about your fear & your body takes over & it happens & its the most wonderful experience & you will be wanting another soon after at least I did. Don't worry it will all be fine, after I thought to myself so much worrying for nothing...yes it hurts but its pain you can handle & you forget when ya have your lil' baby looking at you in your eyes. GL and its all good don't worry just roll with it. Congrats...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• not sure what to tell ya... it's kind of hard for me to understand why someone would get preggers if they were afraid of giving birth... i would have suggested working on getting over that BEFORE you got preggers... its a bit late to worry now!
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2011