Migraines && TTC??

Hi Ladies,

I have suffered with many migraines a month from a young age. It is just about the only thing I don't always use a natural or alternative medicine to treat.

But now as we have gotten further in our TTC journey, I'm beginning to worry about the impact these medications may have on my body, fettility && future baby.

Does anyone have experience or recommendations for a natural migrain treatment. I have VERY frequent migraines && need a rather aggressive treatment.

What supplement for treatment of migraines are safe while TTC && while pregnant?

MrsGWC2

Asked by MrsGWC2 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• There are some accupressure points that you can rub to help relieve migranes. You can look them up online.

I usually take Imatrex which is not safe for pregnancies. I have not taken it in almost 5 years because I've been either pregnant or breastfeeding since May of 2006. I use accupressure, aromatherapy, massage and sleep to cope with mine.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• You can squeeze your big toe to help relieve migraines. I agree with the PP about accupressure.

Also, I suffered from migraines from the age of 7 (head injury). Once I got PG, i didn't have a migraines for the whole time! A headache here or there...but no migraines. And since giving birth 3 years ago....I've gone from migraines 3 or 4 times a week...to a migraine every 4 or 5 MONTHS!!

Good luck.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 8:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2011