Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

If mother has full custody of child the father never see's the child & they barely talk all he does is pay child support every once in a while the child never even lived with him can he change my rules & call the cops on her boyfriend that I don't mind her dating btw she's 16 he's 18 ?

My daughter goes to his moms house to visit her aunt & her two kids she doesn't like his mom she only has a relationship with the aunt her kids & my daughters two sisters & one brother. His mom & his mom sister & the sisters son always threaten my daughter that they will call the cops on her bf & they will beat her & the cops will let them get away with it because she does speak her mind & can be very disrespectful but they give her all reason to . I don't like them they say she is a hoe , she's just like me , I'm a dead beat mother , etc . I have two Kids & I'm a nurse I make good money to support me & my kids . The only one who works his mother . He has 4 kids doesn't work never can keep a place , his wife also works but she always gets laid off . The wife is sometimes verbally abusive & sometimes hits the kids they come to our house when my daughter does talk to her dad & sisters . Moral of the story can him & his family come & change my rules & what I allow her to do & get custody ?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (4)
  • Ummm what? Who's on first?

    Answer by Rosehawk at 10:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • No, they can't do anything. I wouldn't allow my child(ren) around anyone who calls then names or threats to beat them and that they'd get away with it.

    Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

  • I don't think I would allow my child going over there with all that is going on. Abuse is abuse, I don't care how you see it. She doesn't need to be over there. If the order is in place and you already have custody, leave it be. If he really didn't talk to her growing up, why does he want to now/ If it was me and I had a boyfriend that treated my kids like this, I would be telling him to leave. She doesn't deserve that.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:45 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

  • yes, If you have custody papers, and the child is over 13 years of age, they can choose what parent they want to live with, depend what state you live and the situation of the parents.

    Answer by Moviestarr at 10:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.