How do you choose a best friend?

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 10:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• It's not something you choose. It's a mutual feeling between the two of you, kind of like sisters. (But not in my case, me and my sister don't exactly see eye to eye.) They will know you really well and they don't criticize what you do when you do something wrong. They stand by you through thick or thin, no matter what happens. They will always be there for you in the end.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:39 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It just...happens. Somehow you just know.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• my best friend is the one i vent to the one that cheers me up ... she knows allmy secrets and keeps them
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 10:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't think you choose. As makelineerror said it just happens.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't think you choose a best friend.
    becky0829

Answer by becky0829 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't. Every one I've *thought* was a best friend has stabbed me in the back or told me to go to hell.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I have a bestfriend for almost 17 years. She stood by me through it all. Today is her birthday and I always make it my duty to call her. She became my bestfriend when I wasn't judged for anything I did. Friends are a dime a dozen but a true friend is forever.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 10:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• u dont choose a best friend. they choose u. They are the ones that r there during the good, bad, and ugly. I am very lucky that have such a great best friend, we have been thru everything together. good luck. it is good to be friendly and make friends but let ur best friend find u throu ur friendship and interests. i hope i made sense.lol
    brooklyndm

Answer by brooklyndm at 12:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2011