If you chose homeschooling, what made you make that decision?

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 10:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• The school system in California is awful! Children are not getting the right attention they need so that is why I am choosing home schooling. Or maybe a private school if I cannot be at home to teach them.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• My husband and I haven't come to a complete decision yet. I'm starting with pre-K, and if I can handle that, we'll reasses before out oldest starts K. We had many reasons. The biggest and most important is this: A strong Biblical and Spiritual foundation is essential in reaching the world and showing them Christ; for us, this means teaching them those fundamentals daily and helping them to be a shining Light when/if they do start mainstream school.
    maggiandmike

Answer by maggiandmike at 10:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I tried home schooling for 3 years after my daughter told me that the kids was cutting themselves. She was home schooled for middle school then returned for high school. Kids come to school with black clothing, black makeup, and seems to have the world on their shoulder. I liked it but kids do need to find their place in the world also.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 10:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011