How do you manage your Genital Herpes outbreaks?

I was recently diagnosed with genital herpes and the outbreaks have been hell. How do you manage your symptoms? Answers are also welcome from those who work in the medical field and from those who are close with someone who has the disease. Thanks.

OmsYankeeMama

Asked by OmsYankeeMama at 3:18 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Health

• For cold sores, which are a strain of the herpes virus, we use Red Marine Algae. You can get it in capsule form at a health food store. Look for one from Japan if you can find it. Take 3 capsules a day for 90 days and see if you notice a difference. The guy who told me about this said it will work for genital herpes, too. After one 90 day course, we haven't had cold sores since. He said it will permanently kill the herpes virus - but the FDA doesn't want us to know that because they make so much $ on herpes suppression drugs. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Thank you, I'm gonna try that as soon as I can afford it. Thanks for the help.
    OmsYankeeMama

Answer by OmsYankeeMama at 2:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I get fever blisters and my sisters do also. My sister was given a prescription for Valtrex. She takes the pills when she feels one coming on. She said it works really well. I haven't tried it yet. I suppose it works just as well for genital kind. You can also take it daily as preventative.
    Anonymous