Teenage drama/boyfriends

my daughter was dating a guy and this girl told him a bunch of lies my daughter is crazy over this guy and now they broke up and this girl is going back out with him again apparently. Anyways this last couple of days my daughter has been at home and hasnt gone anywhere and my daughter was on facebook tonight and this girl came on and said to stop threatening her boyfriend,which my daughter for sure has not been doing. I'm afraid of what this girl is gonna do next and I'm afraid she could even convince the school of this lie and then my daughter get suspended. This girl has add and adhd and cuts herself and other things that are scary,I'm afraid that its could escalate into something more that s hould never be. If you have any advice I could use some I want to help my daughter get through this wisely and not make any stupid moves. I've told her to put this girl on the spot tomorrow and make sure she knows that what sh eis doing is black mail. If this brat wants that boy that bad she can have him, she doesnt need to be stupid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I would contact the school, and print any and all info off of facebook. this way you have on record what this girl is up to. Also, sometimes it doesnt hurt to contact the girls mother. Im sure if she is familiar with her daughters health issues, then she will be able to understand where you're coming from. Being a concerned mom is a good thing. You wouldnt want your daughter to get suspended over nothing. Just explain to the mom your concerns.
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• the thing is this girl cam eon and said that. My daughter hasnt threatened anyone so I dont have anything other than what that girl said I monitor my daughters facebook like a hawk and this is driving me nuts.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Go right to the principal of the school. Word it in a way that is productive, not whining or accusing. That way the school will take you seriously. Tell them "This girl (name) has been harrassing my daughter (name) online and outside of school. She is making untrue accusations to try to get my child in trouble. I am afraid she may start bullying my daughter in school as well. Could you please keep an eye on the situation?" You also should take it to the police as a harrassment report. Print off any rude or threatening messages, especially ones that contain harrassment like language and name calling, and take those with you.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I am not saying you should try to get the girl arressted or suspended but this way the authorities at school and the police have already been warned that this girl is bothering you. If she starts something it wont look like your childs fault if you have already complained about this girl.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• First of all, I would block the girl from your daughter's Facebook account. I would also call the school counselor and tell him or her what's going on and how your daughter is trying to avoid drama but that false accusations are being made against her. If the girl bothers your daughter at school, have your daughter pay a visit to the counselor that you talked to. That way is it documented that there's a problem but that your daughter isn't responsible. And I'd tell your daughter to rise above it and not respond back to the girl which could add fuel to the fire. If the other girl refuses to back down then I'd contact the principal and let him or her handle the situation.
    cege

Answer by cege at 2:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2011