Should I be scared about being induced? what happens?

im getting induced monday...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• take two tylenol before you go in... it's painful but not as bad as the actual labor.
    MidniteMochaMom

Answer by MidniteMochaMom at 11:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I don't know, my delivery was fast and furious!
    Bevner

Answer by Bevner at 11:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I wouldn't be to worried about being induced. I just had my second son on June 18th and was induced. The one thing I can tell you is that if they use Pitocin to induce, it does make your contractions alot more painful. I didn't want an epidural going into labor and ended up getting one cause the contractions were alot more painful than my first pregnancy. BTW I didn't have any pain meds on the first pregnancy. I would definately consider an epidural if they use pitocin. One good thing was it helped me dialate faster. :)
    2ndtimemomat30

Answer by 2ndtimemomat30 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I feel induction before baby is ready can lead to a c-section.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I was induced on my last one. The intensity was a bit strong but the duration of labor wasn't long. Do a quick search for breathing exercises if you have not already done that. Keep that diaphragm up off the uterus and it won't be bad.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• i hear pitoson makes it hurt worse but it also speeds it up, i was induced when i had preeclampsia they made me stay in bed the whole time laying on my back cuz my blood pressure was so high it was awful, especially since i had terrible back labor, thank god that the pitoson speeds it up i had my daughter in 6 hours! and the epidural is AMAZING!
    jaelynsmama07

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I was induced a week early because I had gestational diabetes. I didn't feel any of my contractions until they broke my water. Then they got intense and painful pretty quickly. I don't think they were more painful than regular labor but they came on much quicker. The whole labor was pretty quick. I had the baby within 7 hours. It was my first so I was surprised at how quick it was. I had a great experience with the whole thing. Good luck!

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 10:11 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I have to agree with the other ladies. It hurts, can't hide that but it is brief & once you see that little person in your arms you will forget all about it & no matter how bad it is or could be it will all be worth it.
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 1:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2008