Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Ex has two more kids.............

my ex is struggling to pay child support for our son and then he goes on and has two more kids in three years time.
Now he wants child support paymeNt reduced as he is struggling and has to support his wife and two kids.!
Can I bRing this up to the judge so the child support payment doesn't get reduced?


Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • You can bring it up but it may or may not chagne anything. In some states you and ex get a credit for child(ren) you or they may have with current wife/husband. If your in one of the states that gives credit for other child(ren) then in most cases your child support may get lowered.

    Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

  • Obviously he wasn't thinking about child support when he had two more children. He should have thought of that before he had sex! I don't know what state you are in, but here in NC, they are supposed to review the case every three years. It differs from state to state. Are you taking him back to court or is he doing this in order to pay less? If it's behind, they can garnish his wages.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 11:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

  • You can very much bring this up to the court. As you should.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:07 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

  • It may change a bit...that sucks, but here in OH the children of the first marriage or relationship get the bulk of support in the event he would leave his current wife. As for just wanting it reduced because he has more kids...too bad so sad, tell it to the judge. He is wasting his time. He can't take support away from you kids just because he can't keep his pants up. I have two kids with my DH and he has a DD from an ex girlfriend. His support payments didn't go down when our sons were born.

    Answer by salexander at 12:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2011