What do you think of the name Caius Edward Goguen?

Caius would be pronounced like KIE-US. I love the meaning of it; One who rejoices

Couldould be mispronounced like KAY-US which isnt horrible because I kinda like it too...

Nickname could be Cai (p. KIE) which I like a lot.

I have searched for some history behind it as well and can find nothing negative that it could be associated with so...

Edward I like because it sounds respectable, upstanding, sophisticated even? And I LOVE it's meaning as well; A wealthy protector.

Oh and Goguen is pronounced like GO-GEN. (hard g sounds, not soft.)

It seems to flow nicely...to me.

happygoguen

Asked by happygoguen at 5:14 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sorry I don't care for it to be honest. He will have his name mispronounced his whole life. I agree the meaning is wonderful, but the name is just to unusual for me.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I'm not in love with it, but it is a nice name, still. :-) And I agree, the name meanings are great. Wasn't Caius a character in a Shakespeare play? Or am I thinking of another name?
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 9:37 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I really like the first name, I also had a difficult time finding a name for my baby. Some of the people that heard it did not care about for it (Lyla Sofia). At the end of the day you have to like the name and you will not regret using it. Some may mis-pronounce it but they will also get used to it.
    GHENNIVA

Answer by GHENNIVA at 12:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Degysuna you are thinking of Cassius. I think that its a nice name but not too sure about the spelling. but to each their own. people said my sons name sounds like a disease!!! and all that matters is that you like it
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2008