What do you think of the name Caius Edward Goguen?

Caius would be pronounced like KIE-US. I love the meaning of it; One who rejoices
Couldould be mispronounced like KAY-US which isnt horrible because I kinda like it too...
Nickname could be Cai (p. KIE) which I like a lot.
I have searched for some history behind it as well and can find nothing negative that it could be associated with so...

Edward I like because it sounds respectable, upstanding, sophisticated even? And I LOVE it's meaning as well; A wealthy protector.

Oh and Goguen is pronounced like GO-GEN. (Hard g sounds, not soft).

It seems to flow nicely...to me.

happygoguen

Asked by happygoguen at 5:17 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I like it! No, I love it!
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 6:32 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I like it alot! Unique, cute, but would serve as a good MAN name also.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 7:33 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• The Twilight Saga has clearly left an impression on you, lol. I like the combination, though I think Edward is an old man's name.
    Live4HerSmile

Answer by Live4HerSmile at 7:51 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• When I saw it I had no idea how to say it. And, since the first thing that you had to do was show the pronunciation I'm guessing he will have to explain it for the rest of his life. But, very creative.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• It's growing on me....and what's more important you love it.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:29 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Don't like it sorry.
    gcmomx3

Answer by gcmomx3 at 8:30 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• It is different. I don't like it myself. But, it could be meant for him.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:15 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• It's very nice!
    Kasey1018

Answer by Kasey1018 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I LOVE IT! My best friend always said he was going to name his son caius, but now that his wife is pregnant with a boy he says no. Me and his wife both still like it however. If your concerned about bad history being associated with the name, There was a ceaser name Caius Caligula. I don't think alot of people these days know about him, but he was a sick sick man. believed himself to be a god living here on earth. He killed his grandfather to take the throne. Had an active relationship with his sister, the kind of relationship that a brother should not have with his sister. He took great advantage of his power doing many sick sick things and eventually went mad and died of syphallis.
    http://www.vroma.org/~bmcmanus/caligula.html
    I don't think many people will ever associate him with your son, but hes pretty interesting so I'd thought I'd share
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Well I just learned something new so I had to come back and correct myself....caligula name was actually Giaus NOT Ciaus. I still love the name!
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 22, 2008