I'm super freaked out and so glad she's ok!!

I just was getting ready to go to bed. I went into my 12 month old daughters room and it reeked of puke!! She had thrown up a giant clump of milk and food! I didn't hear anything over her baby monitor!! I am so thankful that she sleeps on her stomach and that she is okay! But I am freaked out. My son never had anything like this happen. Is it common for young children to throw up??

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 11:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Very common! Both my kids were pukers!!! LOL
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 11:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• it's pretty common, it can happen at any age.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Anything you have found that makes it less common?
    bloomsr

Comment by bloomsr (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• mine has only puked once and is 16 months old, spit up while a baby sure but never vomit, i guess it varies kid to kid
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Something just upset her stomach and sent the contents up. It can happen to any child or adult, it's natural for the body to spontaneously throw up if it becomes unsettled. It's the body's natural way of getting rid of whatever is causing it to upset.

My daughter recently (she's one) went through a couple days of throwing up. Absolutely no other symptoms, but I'd go upstairs and her blankets would be covered. This happened three nights (not in a row, but within the same week). I have no idea what caused it, because as I said she had no other symptoms. When it first happened I paniced a little, because that's not something you expect to see when you go to get them. But like I said, it can happen and she's most likely fine.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:06 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My daughter would sometimes get herself so worked up over something that she would vomit. I don't think it's normal, but don't think it's not normal either.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• may have had a gas bubble and burped and puked
    who knows as long as all is well we'll never know
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 13, 2011