Breastfeeding and Fenugreek??

I dont breastfeed anymore my daughter is 11 months but i was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of a vit. that you can take called fenugreek tht u take 2 times a day at least i did but it makes ur milk come in like crazy and its amazing i was pumping 5oz out of both breast and i started taking tht and within in 2 days i was pumpin 10oz i asked my daughters dr and mine and they both said it was fine to take..
Has anyone else ever heard or tried it jw??

Ashley2810

Asked by Ashley2810 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I took it and blessed thistle together. It did wonders for my milk. BUT, I did smell like maple syrup and so did my my baby LOL :)
    AshellG27

Answer by AshellG27 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I took fenugreek, it did increase my supply but not as much as described.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It also makes you body smell like mapple syrup lol
    Ashley2810

Comment by Ashley2810 (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• yea its weird and its gross but ur pee does too lol and ur baby cause there drinkin the milk, my husband would come home and walk in our room and laugh cuase it smelt like ihop
    Ashley2810

Comment by Ashley2810 (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It's commonly used to increase supply. Although, if you were pumping 5 oz at a time, you had an oversupply! Generally, for help with supply, you would take more then 2 a day though. Usually 3 caps, 3X a day to increase supply. 2 caps worked for you because you didn't have a supply problem :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I tried it with my 5th, didn't help.

Answer by missanc at 8:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It's a well known supply booster. That's why it's top of the supply boosting list we maintain on the Breastfeeding Moms Group.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:03 AM on Mar. 8, 2011