I never had a vaccination for the flu except for today in my whole life

i got the flu shot today with my prenatal check up....i only got the shot because i read somewhere that it protects my baby for up to 6 months after its born.....iv never gotten the shot before, and im never going to get it again to be completely honest.....i felt dizzy as soon as i got it, then my eyes got heavy, and when i got home i got a nasty head ache that i thought was from not drinking enough water, iv had 3 bottles of water and i still have the head ache.....

so my question is....has anyone reacted to the shot like this? my dad wouldn't know cuz he's never gotten one

on a lighter note im finally 18 weeks pregnant today! yaaaaaaaay!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The only time in my entire life I got the flu shot was in the fall of 2009. And 3 weeks later I had a confirmed case of h1n1, I was down for 3 weeks, never been so sick in my entire life. I haven't gotten a flu shot since or before that, and I don't allow my DS to get them either. Even being pregnant I passed. Typically I'm for vaccines, but in the case of the flu shot I'll take my chances with the flu.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:57 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have never taken the flu shot and I don't plan on starting anytime soon. Congrats on your pregnancy, though.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My husband and I took it after my daughter was born 5 years ago when the flu was going around terrible. We both got REALLY sick a couple of days later. We said we would never take it again. Well at my last OB visit they asked if I had taken the flu shot and I told them no and told them why. Well my Dr. told me that it is very important for pregnant women to get them because pregnant women come before the elderly or children because last year more pregnant women died from the flu than anyone else. So needless to say, I got the flu shot. But I did not have any side effects.
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 9:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011