Doc says ultrasound shows im about 4 weeks but i got a positive pregnancy test almost 2 weeks ago???? adult content

I posted this last week but didn't get much input because I don't think I gave enough info up front so here goes again:

I got a positive hpt a week and 5 days ago. Because of my history with eptopic and miscarriages, my doc had me come in for an ultrasound today but didn't do it at her office so she wasn't there. Anyway, doc at ultrasound place thinks im about 4 weeks....
seriously, that can't be right... I had a positive test almost 2 weeks ago.

my doc hasn't called me yet. I only talked to the doc at the ultrasound place. Anyway, my situation isn't that easy because I didn't have a "last period". The last time I bled it was a miscarriage, which was in January. He thought i was 4 weeks about of the sac development. My doc expected to see a heartbeat today based on my blood work

They tested my levels down to 0 after the miscarriage so I knew this was a new pregnancy. It still doesn't make sense to me. The couldn't measure the baby because it hadn't developed yet. All was saw was a sac with a halo in it. Thats why he thought I was about 4 weeks. idk...

anyone experience something like this?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 12:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Everything will be fine! Did they see the heartbeat yet? When you get to see it you will feel alot better. Good Luck, and keep updating!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• oh, and i have another ultrasound scheduled on Friday
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 12:21 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• When I became pregnant after back-to-back miscarriages, my OB wouldn't do an U/S until 7-8 weeks; and it was the wand/vaginal U/S. Because, like you said, nothing can really be seen before that. Did the tech detect the heartbeat at least? I think it is just too early to determine a real accurate gestation. When is your next U/S? I bet you will measure more closely with your actual conception date at a later U/S. Wishing you a healthy, happy pregnancy!
    chrlstoncharmed

Answer by chrlstoncharmed at 1:43 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I had an ectopic pregnancy and then after that was all done with i got pregnant and had a healthy pregnacy and baby. I had my first ultrasound at 4 weeks and then again at 5 weeks, 6 weeks and 7 weeks. they wanted to make sure that the baby wasnt ectopic again. It was no stressfull that whole month because I had an ultrasound every week. At my 4, 5 and 6 week ultrasounds all my doc could see was the sac with no heartbeat either. When I went in for the 7 week ultrasound then we finally got to see the heartbeat. Dont worry, if he saw the sac then it will be a few more weeks until it is able to pick up the tiny heartbeat. When it is so early in pregnancy it is har for the doc to tell just how many weeks you are, the heartbeat isnt visable until around 7 weeks. Good Luck, I know what you are going thru!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Please let me know how the next appt goes!!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Wood.... My doc called me this afternoon and said that I was 5 weeks 4 days on Friday. Sure wish i would have talked to her sooner and not listened to that other doc! Anyway, that means Im about 6 weeks right now. She wants to repeat the ultrasound in a week and a half. I'm further along right now than I was when I miscarried last time. Fingers crossed!
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• No heartbeat yet. my ultrasound got rescheduled until monday.
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2011