First words?

What was your childs first words or words and how old were they when they said it? My oldest son was about 2 ( he was severely delayed in speech) when he said blue car, my second son was about 1 year and his was no, my daughter was 6 mos when she said daddy (not the mama or dada sounds) and my third son was about 8 months and his was also no.

mamacam7

Asked by mamacam7 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Mine was about 8 or 9 mos and she said "back key" (black kitty)
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:30 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• All 3 of my kids said kitty around 10 months. Then my first said a few other words like mama, dada, hi, and ball by 12 months. My daughter and younger son still only said kitty by 12 months, and added daddy around 13 months. My younger son is 13 months right now and he seems to have quit saying kitty, but says "da-ee" a lot.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• wow how quickly children learn to say "no", mine also said "no" at 14 months
    A11

Answer by A11 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My 16 month old says, "Noooo" (and shakes his head emphatically LOL) and also says "Ha ba dee!" which I recently realized means "happy birthday." Along with "mama," dada," etc.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• All my childrens first ord was dada. My 1st daughter said stop Joe to my sister. We do not know why she called my sister Joe to this day, it was pretty weird. 2nd daughter say ice cream but not as clear as you and I would say it. My 3rd daughter was a weird kid then and now she called her dad pappie, not dada pappie. Hs name is Jeffrey and it took us a few years to figure out she was tryng to say Jeffrey. My son first words was dada, then cassie.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 7:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2011