How do I get my boyfriend to move out when he doesn't want to?

This is long and complicated. I'm a mom of two teenagers and I have been divorced for 2 years. Towards the end of the year I met a guy and we decided to date. He moved here to my house (YES I KNOW THAT WAS FAST) and he has been here every since. I have decided that I can't stand to live with anyone other than my kids. I was really content living alone (just me and my kids I mean). The bf has a dog and a sugar glider, and I am not an animal person. His dog has tore up my couch cushions and she is constantly getting on the furniture even if we tell her no. He has no job, no income of any kind and he behaves like a 17 year old. Granted he is only 23, but he needs to be a tad more mature. And lately he yells at me and the kids. I know I have not been the easiest to deal with, but I don't need a man getting all crabby and stupid around my kids. He sits on his XBox most of the evening and thinks that is ok. I so want to be a bitch and just throw his stuff in his truck while he is play Halo. Am I horrible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow, what a winner! No, really, if he's not paying rent, he has no rights. If he won't leave, tell him you're going to take the matter up with the police. Hopefully all you have to do is threaten, but if he still doesn't leave DO IT. And PLEASE--break up with him!!!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:43 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• No! There are way too many guys like this now! Try to nicely talk to him and if that doesn't work boot him out. You can do better and with kids you need someone responsible and mature. Your kids also don't need to have to deal with that.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 12:44 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You have teenage kids and you're dating a 23yo?

Just kick his butt out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I know that he's young to be dating me, but a close friend of mine set us up. He thought we might get along. He looks older than he is, and he was so sweet and polite in the start. I've had issues with dating men my age. They all turned out to be control freaks, so I gave a younger guy a chance. Bad idea. I've tried being nice, and tried being tough. He just doesn't get it. I told him tonight that I will call the police and my father (since my father owns the property) and have him removed. I just don't think he understands how much I want him gone (even though I say it like 10 times a day). I know what some of you are thinking "How stupid is she?" Well I am actually pretty smart, I just got taken in by a pretty face. Like I said, he was nice in the beginning and he is nice now, just way too immature and he's starting to be a little mean. Not scary mean, just "want rid of him" mean...lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My ex roommate brought a couple of different guys to our place like that........I will never have another roommate as long as I live, I would rather live with my parents then to subject my kids to that again........First I would not put up with the yelling at the kids at all and since he has no job and crap I would not show him any respect and defend your kids infront of them instead of in private......or you could try hiding his xbox at the local homeless shelter lol.......I wouldn't even give him time to find a job.....if he had any work ethics he would already have one instead of letting a single mom of two take care of him......think of it this way, for every dollar you spend on his sorry butt is a dollar you could have spent on your kids.
    MommyMonster907

Answer by MommyMonster907 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Thanks for the comments. I do agree with all of what i am reading. I just have a soft side and have been putting it off cause he has no where else to go, but since my daughter has started yelling back at him I think his Xbox would look perfect attached to a power converter in his truck. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I've done all I could. My son likes him alot because they are on the same maturity level....lol. My daughter likes him too, but lately they just can't seem to get along. Sorry to bore everyone with this, I am just trying to do this in the least angry way as possible. I'm to a point though where i am not even sure I want to stay friends after we split. Man how did I fall into this stupid trap....my ex husband was better than this.....lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It depends if he on the lease or not.I would maybe look into the law and your rights.But you can't date broke men they always want to move in fast because they have no where else to go. H edoes'nt treat you or your kids right that makes me sad you deserve a guy that pays rent and works i hope you find peace good luck.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 2:51 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• This guy has no job, no income, no nothing? I'm sorry, but he is just using you. Free place to live, and eat and do whatever he wants. And then he feels compelled to yell at you and the kids? Oh, hell no. There are a thousand men out there just like him. You are allowing him to do all this, so therefore he is going to do it as long as he can. He don't love you, cause if he did, he would be helping you. Kick his sorry ass out today. If he's not on your lease, call the police if he wont leave, and let them know the situation and tell them he is not on your lease. If he is on lease, tell police the situation and you have children and want him gone, they will come and remove him..I have been there done that, and it's best you remove him now or later it could be worse. You don't need that in you and your childrens life... Good Luck.
    desertbreeze58

Answer by desertbreeze58 at 5:36 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i personally agree with what every one is telling you hunn leave him and try to be nice about it first (be still be clear) kick him out
    ryahzMommy

Answer by ryahzMommy at 6:57 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You are not horrible, my Aunt is going through this same situation. Kick his butt out! You don't even need to be nice about it. Like my Aunt I told her she has done her time living with her ex husband. wouldn't it be nice to do the things that you want for a change. You're at the age, where you need to start living for yourself. Do the things you never got to do, hang out with your kids while there still there with you. Don't waste your precious time on some guy that you don't even want there in the first place, be a little bit of a bitch, and stand your ground.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 7:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2011