Sorry question???

My s/o always tells me "Am sorry you feel that way"!
I feel that he is not being very meaning full? what do you think?
I feel if he is truly sorry just say your SORRY, Right?

tripletmom28

Asked by tripletmom28 at 12:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I know what you mean. I think "I'm sorry you feel that way" is a copout. It basically says, "I'm not the problem, the problem is how you feel." Now, if two people have respectfully listened to each others side and still disagree, I think it can be said genuinely, but it shouldn't be said when the person really needs to own up to being a jerk. "I'm sorry you feel that way," isn't the same as, "I'm sorry I hurt you," or "I'm sorry I was insensitive."
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:54 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i know exactly what you mean i have been through this before . but its different with different types of men. so i cant tell you what i did all i can say is dont accept it, the way you handle it though is up to you
    good luck hunn
    ryahzMommy

Answer by ryahzMommy at 6:53 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I hate when anyone says that to me! It means, to me, that they are not sorry and I'm the problem! Drives me nuts! Don't accept that- tell him you want a real apology!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:43 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Well, the thing is I drive all the time not totally by choice but, he sits on his phone the whole time! He doesn't talk to me then, when I ask him the last time he told me "we live in the same house"! I said then move out b/c I am sick of driving and I need a convo! Mind you He asked me to drive so he could look at a car for himself!!
    ugh.....
    tripletmom28

Comment by tripletmom28 (original poster) at 1:05 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• males dont function this way , females do
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• that's the exact thing I say to people when I don't want to say I'm sorry. Like when I worked customer service. or one day I was waiting for the bus at a stop that doesn't get used much. I was sitting on a ledge right by it, and and the bus came up I jumped down and walked to the bus sign. The driver was going too fast and had to stop quickly.
    when I got on she yelled at me "I didn't know you were waiting for the bus" like it was my fault.
    So I told her "well I'm sorry you didn't!" she got all huffy about it, then when I pointed out that someone waiting by the stop would be a indication that you should at least slow down. then a bunch of people agreed with me so she shut up.

So I agree with you, I don't think he's being sincere, but you can talk to him about it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2011