Wow. Now I understand. {vent} adult content

I've never really witnessed the PA bs that goes on in any store that I've been too.  Obviously I was just shopping at the wrong time.  We've been putting off grocery shopping for a while and just picking up whatever we wanted day by day.  Well today my hub had off and we've been planning a big shopping trip at Walmart.  I also ordered some stuff site to store and that was in so we had planned on picking that item up as well.  We got a late start (usually we go early morning to avoid crowds) because of my appointment with my midwife.  We've got 2 carts loaded up, one for food and the other had some food and the huge freaking box the new babys swing came in.  As this couple walks by us the guy actually looks IN our carts and then whispers to his female companion "foodstamps".  As they snickered and walked on I seriously wanted to slap the shit out of them.  Then when we were getting in line the cashier said extremely loudly before we had even put one item on the counter "My machine is down, can't take foodstamps".  WOW!  I said "well thanks for your kindness but we aren't paying with foodstamps".  She turned bright red.  Good.  I'm sorry to everyone out there who has ever had to deal with this kind of bullshit.  Keep on shoppin!  :)  Vent over, lol.  Cafemom needs a VENT category, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Wow! MrsDmommy, WTH! No-one here is putting down ANYONE on food stamps, I for one am glad there available for folks who need them!!! Did you even read her post? She's talking about how judgemental people can be just as you are being right now! You wish hard times on us? Really? How do you know whether or not we've been hit with hard times? Tell you what miss panties in a wad, READ THE POST!! Or are you unable to comprehend what you read?
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You need to share this story with corporate or the store manager. Give them the receipt and they can tell what cashier it was. Cashiers are FORBIDDEN to say things like that. Trust me, I know plenty of people who have worked there.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:21 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• That cashier deserved to turn bright red in embarrassment for ASSuming you were paying with food stamps. I'm sorry they were such d-bags to you guys :(
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 1:00 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• WTF!!!! I might be slow or something but I don't understand why just because you had alot of groceries everyone just assumes that your paying with food stamps! That is crazy ignorant....and yeah we do need a catagory just to vent lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:05 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• That's why I refuse to shop at Walmart! Can't stand that store! I'm sorry you had to deal with other peoples ignorance! You should still file a complaint on line to their corporate office, if nothing else, you'll feel a tad better.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Wow, at our store if a cashier said something to that effect her ass would be FIRED! Zero tolerance for that! You should report her, and Walmart if they don't act on your complaint!!!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• And it is stuff like that makes me wonder, why won't walmart hire me, when they hire rude ass people like that? People are so rude and inconsiderate.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:11 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Good, hopefully he cares enough to compensate you, maybe 10-20% off your swing? LOL
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:31 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• it IS embarassing to have people judge & stare. We're already struggling. I guess some people feel good about kicking when already down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• OMG! Are ALL of you retarded???Listen, I'm SO sorry that the question ask-er is HOLIER than ANYONE who ACTUALLY GETS FOOD STAMPS, but SERIOUSLY, WTF is YOUR problem? If you DID get food stamps, think about how much CASH you WOULD"NT have spent in that market where they disrespected you SO Horribly! The fact that YOU'RE OFFENDED by someone assuming you were paying with food stamps takes me so far back to the 1980's it's not even funny! It's 2011 SWEETHEART! People are HUNGRY in these streets! People are DESOLATE in these streets! CHILDREN are HOPELESS in these streets! And for YOU to be SO Callous! SO VAIN! So IGNORANT and SO VERY BLIND as to be offended, by someone THINKING you were paying for your food with food stamps...it's beyond words. I'm baffled. And for all of you who AGREED with this shallow shell of a woman, YOU should be ashamed! And I wish HARD TIMES upon you ALL! You need to GROW UP...better yet, WAKE UP! DREAMER
    Dmommy4

Answer by Dmommy4 at 1:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2011