I need ideas of crafts or activities to do with a 12 year old girl in under an hour.

I have a visit with my 12 year old daughter tomorrow for 1 hour and I dont have any ideas of what we could do. We have played games, made jewelry, did origami, what else would be great to do that would interest my daughter.

LocaMariposa

Asked by LocaMariposa at 1:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You could make paper beads.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Paper-Beads

Or you could make your own envelopes. Use a standard envelope, open it up and use it as a stencil on magazine pages. Trace outside of the envelope, cut out and fold. Use a glue stick to hold it together.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Why don't you just talk about school and life? She might like that too?
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You could bedazzle something small like a purse.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• http://www.familyfun.com/ is a perfect place to get ideas

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:26 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Crafts are a good way to share time with kids; but if you only have one hour, let her be the focus.

Even if it's a little awkward at first, tell her that you miss her, you love her, and you wish you had more time with her. Ask her what's been happening in her life, and give her 100% of your attention. Take pictures of each other, and of the two of you together. In a future visit, you two can put together scrapbook pages with the pictures. But maybe, at least for this one visit, let the only focus be her. One of the best pieces of parenting advice ever given to me was when a former boss told me that when I give my kids 1-on-1 time, to only focus on them. Don't comb my hair, or fold the laundry, or half watch TV; just let the child have all of my attention for that period. It made so much difference in our communication.

So I share this same gift with you. For your next visit, give all of your attention to her.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• walmart/ hobby lobby/ micheals they all have these great little kits to go with kids ages 7+ my fave one is the supper ball maker its just these beads your daughter can but in a mold and then you put boiling water in and she can keep the supper balls she makes its around $10

you can always make a cake ahead of time and you and her can decorate it with candies, frosting, ect.
    thesouthernmom

Answer by thesouthernmom at 6:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Could teach her or both learn to loom knit or start a scrapbook
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2011