Im a teen mommy and dont socialize much...vent.... need help and advice

i dont have any friends to socialize with or family all i have is my mil my man and my preshus lil 12 month old daughter they mean the world to me and i love them soo much but the problem is that i dont have friends to socialize with only on hear cafe mom so i dont go out and go out with friends cause i have none wich is sad but the thing is there is soo many people out there that you cant trust there are soo many people out there that are backstabbers and liers and you name it its hard to find a true friend so yea i dont want to just go out there and just meet a randome you know i keep to myself and i think keeping to yourself is also a smart idea but then again im not socializing much am i soo hmm i dont know what to do what do u sujjest any thing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Teen groups at church are always nice. What about doing a mom search here on Cafemom and finding a mom that is in your area? You could meet up and become real friends.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:32 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would add you as a friend but you posted anon :( Libraries have story time for children and it's really fun to go to. Around here the people are really nice and it gives you time for you and your child to socialize. I know it's hard to trust people and have close friends, so just start off meeting people, at the park or something, and set play dates for your children. Maybe you can find a group on here for around your area.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 1:34 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I've found that I find just as much here on Cafemom that I would in the "real" world.  You get people to cheer you on, argue with you, laugh with you, get annoyed with you, etc.  This is where my friendships are, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Look around for a playdate with moms with kids your daughter's age. You can even find things like baby gym and other baby classes like Mommy and Me and you can meet other moms there. Remember you don't have to hang out with people your age, because obviously many of them are not going to be going through the same things in their lives as you are in yours. I had my first child at 19, and my DH joined the military right away and we moved away from home. So I had a baby, a busy husband, and knew nobody. The first people I met were much older than me (about 20 years older than me!) But they helped me have someone to talk to and someone for advice. Then I slowly started meeting more people my own age that I considered really good friends. It just takes some time, be careful on who you are friends with because you don't need the high school drama crap that a bunch of girlfriends can bring lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:40 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I do know that making a true friend doesn't happen overnight. It's something you have to work on, unfortunately we have to go through the thorns to get to the rose. GL, And you'll see, there is someone out there waiting to be your friend :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• so go to libraries and stuff and jym classes you meet nice people there and stufff so if i go to the park or the library like you say u can meet people there but im like a quiet girl and dont really know what to say or to chat about and lol hmm sigh.... and noo i dont need the highschool drama crap
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• oh and i have searched on hear for people in my area and there is no one on hear that lives around me =(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yes, going to the local libray's story hour is a great way to meet moms and your child will love it! Talk about your kids and ask questions. I always found it helped to ask questions when I was nervous or shy with others. You might look for play groups and mom groups on meetup.com too. Best wishes!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:54 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• start out small do story times, do you have a local rec center that has activitys for your child (mommy and me classes) if you live where its nice weather try the park......and as for being shy, maybe complent someone on there shoes or something.....just a little something to break the ice.....one of my best friends is from my dd 13's cheer squad i meet 5yrs ago.....because her dd was all some one the team ....i dont think we would have meet other wise......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Congratulations on your children, motherhood is great but very hard and more difficult as a teen but you can do it.

Teen years are full of drama especially with girls and I am one and hate to admit it.

You need to focus on your babies, a good friend will come along without you looking and she/he will be the best part of your life. We are here for you and hang in there it will get better. There are singles stuff I am sure in your area, just call your local health department, or go to the library. Online trust me it is out there. Keep your head up!!!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 8, 2011