could anyone answer me on this. What if your family did not treat you like a family member will you invite them to your wedding? including your mother to..

I have a problem. What if your family members did not treat you like you was worth nothing when you are worth alot, would you invite them to your wedding?

EIKCIV

Asked by EIKCIV at 11:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• I have a real issue with my family treating me like a grown person, and I find it hard to forgive things sometimes like now my mother passed away this passed February and I speak to no other family because they won't leave my marriage alone, they constantly try to get me to leave my husband and they put him down, my husband and kids are my family family now and I have no regrets. So as long as the circumstances call for it and it's not going to be something you will later regret but find that it will bring you much more happiness I say don't invite them. it's your choice though.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 11:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Well I guess all depends on what your boyfriend has to say about that. I was in the same boat as you .....my mother -in-law now treated me like that, as she still does and we just went off and got married. Didn't invite anyone. I was the greatest. then there's wasn't any problem and the best day of your life wasn't distord.
    mamakell1174

Answer by mamakell1174 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• It's your day. Share your special day with whomever you choose. However with choice comes responsiblity for consequences. I'm sure they will never let you live it down. If you can deal with that then don't invite them. Personally, you might like inviting them just to get a gift. They owe you something! Have a great wedding no matter what.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• as a woman who wants to rise above the occasion i would invite them to show them that you are better than they think. and whateva they say about you, to you does not phase you. but it is your day and you should be happy on that day. like they say you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Yup. Be the better and bigger person here. Invite them, and if they dont show, then at least you know you tried.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• my mother was not invited to my wedding and my husband's mother who was siad it was too far to drive. she did drive 15 minutes shorter to go to his brothers wedding though. god gives you relatives. you choose your own family.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:37 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• i would just to rub in their face that im happy no matter what u think of me...and show them look what i got a happy husband and wonderful family keep on hating on me...send them the best inviation...and just for kicks throw in a little sarcastic toast at the end.
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 8:44 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• sometimes those close to u are just jealous of what u have and wish they had it...look at it that way...my mother is so jealous of me and my husbands relationship shes always tryin to get me to leave him lol i soon relaeazed its because she can never keep a man shes always such a bitch to them and thats why they never stay...so sometimes its jealousy just show them their attitude and shit talkin dont phase u ...haters are what makes u strive and succeed more in ur life all them people that think ull amount to nothing or that u are nothing want to see u fall and bust ur ass so hard they could taste it....keep them close to u so they could see ur above them.
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 8:49 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Forgive them for they know not what they do in loving you..If you can try and heal the relationships before the wedding great! If it's to hard on you and they will not make peace ...then go ahead and have your perfect day without them
    gloriaglows

Answer by gloriaglows at 11:18 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Been there done that. When I married my ex my dad wouldn't come because my step mother had issues with my mom being there. So I simply had to tell my dad that if he didn't come I wouldn't speak to him again. In the end, 2 yrs later my dad is the one who made the contact first. Unfortunately it took a death in the family for it to happen, but I stood my ground as far as what that day was supposed to be about. Invite them, if they show, they show, if not oh well. Somewhere down the road they will want or need you for something. Honey get married & have a blast. Live your life for yourself & your soon to be hubby.
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 1:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2008