How to make my teenaged son more active? He is a lazy bum...

AnuMeha

Asked by AnuMeha at 1:43 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Restrict or take away whatever is making him lazy. seriously. Put limits on t.v., computer, video games, etc.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:45 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• hes a teenager. hes gonna end up being upset if thats what your worried about but you need to set limits. so much time on certain things. but not only that make sure your spending time with him too. because honestly if you were telling me i cant do something because of im being lazy i would want you to spend some time getting to know me or taking me out. im a 22 years old and i still wish i could spend more time getting to know my dad. (my mother passed) sorry if this makes no sense or just doesnt anwser you question.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 2:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• hard to do, hard to say - disconnect the internet and cable TV.. I bet that is half the problem sonvled right there. Lose your licence - eg I can't drive for the next month so he has to find his own way to school, limit ph calls to one hr period each night... good luck, I have 3 teens and it is a battle
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:03 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i think he is physically weak or he has no excitement of life then try to convince to make good friend in sport and give him dietery supplement adviced by doctors than if he will feel energetic he will give up his lazyness will be happy
    Meenakshi M.

Answer by Meenakshi M. at 3:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Make his dad or another male figure in his life show him how to be active and get into things. He should take your son to sporting events, the beach, a concert, biking, or something with himself and other guys. Let him bring a friend if it will make him more enthusiastic. Try to get him to join a sport at school or join a gym with an older male relative. Help him find a job and dont let him have a cell phone or junk food unless he buys it himself.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My son would spend all day watching tv or on the xbox if we let him. The rule in our house is that if you want xbox, tv, etc. time then you need to be spending a certain amount of time doing chores, walking the dog, or yardwork. He gets an allowance for doing chores which helps motivate him. And sleeping the day away isn't an option. We are active as a family and require our son to participate the majority of the time. We hike, take walks, go hit golfballs, bowl, ski, snowboard, and so forth. We let him decide what we'll be doing and usually give him the option of having a friend along. Afterwards, we'll go somewhere fun to eat or get a small amount of junk food as a treat. We also sign him up for an activity of his choice every fall and spring. He can be resisitant at first but once he goes he enjoys it.
    cege

Answer by cege at 2:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Remove the power cords from the games systems, tvs, cable boxes. Take the cell phone, purchase him a bike, find out if you have a disc golf course in town, etc. Find something that the two of you can go out and do together.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:43 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• dad needs to go alpha male on his butt.
    Anonymous

• With my teenage son, I attempt to take the younger kids roller skating and make him go with us. I make him go to the park with us as well. It is easier to get him moving when he loses his Playstation 3.
    Yellowtruck

Answer by Yellowtruck at 4:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Make sure he isn't doing drugs, first sign of it is being lazy and disconnected....sorry to say I learn from experiance..My step kids are lazy, when they record shows on the dvr I cancel them, mean no, just don't want them sitting around the house....we are letting their xboy live run out...we haven't taken them to the video store to get more games....I put controls on the computer where they can't be on at a certain time anymore.....Their real mom undercut us and bougth them I Pads so they use them in their room at night....it's not the 50's , so realistic wise he isn't going to want to go rollerscating, or be seen with mom...It's such a hard thing...summer's almost here, give him an ultimatium, get a job or ....... even if he's too young, cut lawn, or go to camp....
    unfortunatly a mom and step mom with experiance...
    twinhell1022

Answer by twinhell1022 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 9, 2011