Sahm

where did you put your baby while you were cooking cleaning etc? did you buy a swing bouncer both? something else? if so what?

djsmommy13

Asked by djsmommy13 at 2:11 AM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a little sling that was strapped to the front of my body....she was happy to be close to mommy and I was happy to be hands free lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• when i was cleaning i had him in his crib due to the chemicals but when doing dishes i had him in his car seat so he could watch mommy. and im glad i had him watching me do dishes and cooking cause hes almost 3 and loves to help around the house. lol :)
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 2:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I did most of the cleaning and cooking when the baby was sleeping. Other than that, I put baby in a play yard where I could see him or her or the highchair if it was snack time. I avoided the swing because it would always put baby to sleep lol.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Hmm. coz my elder one is a teenager, let me think... It was a swing bouncer..... :-)
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 2:32 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• haha, where-ever she would sleep, if she fell asleep on the couch so be it!!! I had a wind up baby swing which was a godsend, and a sling, but basically you learn to do stuff with one hand or in small blocks or learn to not stress about stuff, pre-baby my floors were mopped daily, post baby mopped every other day, now post 4 babies i mopped .... when I remember.. no-one has died, had an unexplained illness or suffered.
    One thing I wish someone had told me with 1st is that even if they cry they won't die! If you are halfway through hanging a load of washing and they start to cry, keep hanging, baby will be okay even if she screams for 7 mins, I always thought I had to be there within seconds if baby started to cry - arghhh_ so hard
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I kept the bouncer in the kitchen. When I was cooking and cleaning the kitchen was really the only time I used the bouncer. I also used a baby carrier during cleaning but not cooking because I was worried that something might splash or pop onto the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• When my kids were little they would either be in the swing or on the floor in the living room. I have an open floor plan so I could see them even if I was in the kitchen. When they got a little older and started to crawl and walk I still most left them in the living room although sometimes I would use the pack and play!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:40 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i usually only cleaned when they were sleeping.. but when they got a little bit older they would be playing on the floor, hanging out in bouncer or a swing.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 7:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I had a bouncer seat and a swing. My son did not like a sling. He was happy to sit and watch me cook super if daddy wasn't home to play with him.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 8:35 AM on Mar. 8, 2011