I was just wondering if any other moms are going to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving and hit the sales?

angela766

Asked by angela766 at 9:08 AM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Shopping

• Yes I am. I dont normally go (maybe once every couple years) but my dd whose 19 and pregnant really wants to go and I told her Id take her. You can view the ads by google black friday ads and make a list of things you want to get. Thats how we do it. That way we know exactly the most important bargain to head for first then we go down the line to the least important.

Answer by gemgem at 9:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• heck yes i am best time 2 go before christmas
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• OH YEAH! I can't wait either. Its pretty much the only way I can afford to buy for everyone I really need to buy for without skimping on gifts.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Absolutely not. I think that people who choose to go shopping on that day are masochists; why would you do that? Everybody is so grumpy and pushy because the malls are overcrowded and everyone is trying to get the best deal on worthless crap they're going to give to someone as a gift.

Newsflash: the sales will still be there right up until Christmas. I think the craziness of shopping after Turkey Day takes away from the true meaning of the holiday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• LOL anon thats true on some level but I have actually found some good deals I wouldnt have gotten if I didnt go on Black friday. One year I got my kids portable DVD players and got them alot cheaper then if I had waited because the store sold out. I do think the sales right after thanksgiving can be worth it if there is one particuliar item you have to get that might sell out before christmas. Also about a day or two before christmas they usually restock. Those are the best times to shop.

Answer by gemgem at 9:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Heck no, not only do I not have the money this year, but getting up in the middle of the night to stand in the cold waiting for stores to open does not sound like my idea of a good time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• depends on if I get paid early or not. No pay = no shopping Paid = shopping
    I would like to go shopping since there are some great deals and we need all the help we can get for this holiday season.
    momma2JD

Answer by momma2JD at 9:41 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• hell yeah...it's the best day to buy worthless crap! hahaha
    lovinmyseabee

Answer by lovinmyseabee at 10:04 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• it's a tradition around here. i usually get most of my shopping done during that time. my mom and i always go along with anybody else that's in town or wants to tag along. i love the fact that my mom and i are able to spend the day together, because we're not able to do that as much.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• nope ;o)

im not going...no one will push my prego butt down hahaha..no wayyy...their pushy
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2008